Monday, May 18, 2009

For All Eternity...















Last weekend Ryan and I were sealed in the Salt Lake temple. The best part was that we were able to have all of our siblings with us. We flew home after work on Thursday. The majority of our trip home was spent apart. Ryan stayed with his family in Provo, and I stayed in Salt Lake at the Residence Inn with my family.

On Friday I went shopping with my all of my sisters. Most of my purchases were from the LDS distribution center, White Elegance, and the Shade store. I was anticipating some drastic changes to my wardrobe.
















Saturday was a very big day. We arrived at the temple at 11:30 and didn't get done until 4:30. It was so neat to have all of our family in the temple together. After the sealing, we took a few pictures in front of the temple. (Ryan was not cooperative!) We had dinner afterwards at Rodizio Grill. Everyone was hungry and we ate plenty of meat.









Sunday was Mothers Day. My family and I went to the Spoken Word on temple square and took my sister to the airport. I finally went to Provo to see my husband. His sister just had a new baby boy and named him Ryan. We had a fabulous Sunday dinner and played with the nephews. Ryan surprised me with a gorgeous diamond necklace in the shape of a circle. ("He went to Jared!") I am spoiled!














On Monday, I did more shopping! Lets just say this was an expensive trip. I went to lunch at Cafe Rio with my friend Marie. I have been craving Cafe Rio and we don't have it in Minnesota. Then I had dinner with my favorite cousin, Becca. We don't get to see each other very often, so after dinner we got pedicures.
Unfortunately we had to go home on Tuesday. It was a short trip, but we were able to spend lots of time with family and friends. Ryan spent time with his nephews, played tennis with Greg, and enjoyed his Mother's cooking.
Now we are back to life as usual. This weekend we are going to Arizona for Memorial Day to spend time with Ryan's family and soak up some sun. It still doesn't feel like summer in Minneapolis.

13 comments:

The Beals said...

Congrats Deb!!! Thats awesome!! Look me up next time you are in town!! I would LOVE to see ya!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I'm so so happy for you guys! Doesn't if feel like a second mini wedding? Haha! Glad you had a good trip and congrats again!

Taylor's said...

So exciting! Trisha told us about this when we were at Ruth Ellen's last month. I thought about you guys. Congratulations and welcome to the "white, unsexy, underwear" club.

Fritzsche's said...

Congratulations Deb!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure that was a neat experience that you will treasure forever. Love you.

j&rbastian said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!! I am so excited for you what a neat weekend. I bet coming home makes you a little home sick. Hopefully you guys will get back here some day. I am excited for you two! Come home this summer can you and we will all go out and play!

Unknown said...

Debra, I don't think you could have packed in one more thing if you tried! I am so glad you got to see lots of family and even friends. That was so nice of Ryan to get you a diamond necklace!!!! What a great way to always remember May 9th! Have a great time in Arizona this weekend. I am sure there will be plenty of sun! I also loved the picture of mom, you, T, and Laura with crazy sunglasses. I missed out! Fun to see pictures of "Little Ryan!" Can't wait to see you and Ryan in July. Love, Ang

kenz said...

Deb, I am so happy for you guys it sounded like a fun trip! Welcome to Fancy Woo Woo's (my cousin called garments that when we were little!) You will get used to them and it is such a blessing! Congrats!

Natalie said...

Deb...congrats again. I am so happy for you! It looks like you had a beautiful day at the temple and a great time with your family and friends. I just wish we could have been there! I miss ya tons...

Trisha said...

It WAS a great weekend! Thanks for spending time with your sister (me).
Oh, and I don't think your are giving Ryan enough credit. I thought he was very cooperative for the photoshoot at the temple. Compare him to other guys and I think he went over and above.

Treo Sanders said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU.. I'm so happy for you guys. I still have to hear all about it. weve played phone tag and last I knew, you were it and haven't heard back. WE SUCK.. Ha ha. I'll be seeing you in a few weeks though so I'll forgive you.
I'm glad you had a good time w your family and that they were all able to be there. Such an amazing experience huh.
See you in a few weeks.
HEART YOU.

Emily said...

Congrats to you guys. That is awesome!

Time with family is always the best huh?

Emily

Marcae said...

Deb..I am so excited for you and Ryan. What a special day that must have been for you. I'm sad I wasn't able to see you, but I'm sure you had a great time with your family. Congrats!!!

Liz said...

Congratulations that is awesome. I love the pictures. I blew up the picture of you at the piedute place and I love the necklace he got you..

Looks like you had lots of fun with your family
Liz