Monday, June 30, 2008

One year later....

I really struggle at blogging! It has almost been a year since I got married, and a lot has changed.

1) I am unemployed
2) Ryan is back in school
3) I live in Minneapolis
4) I am no longer a newlywed
5) I like caesar salad
6) I am expecting a baby in December

Well....all of those are true, except the last one.

Ryan and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary on Sunday July 6. It has gone by so fast! Everyone always says that the first year is the hardest. But I think it has been pretty easy. Ryan can be a little high maintenance sometimes. I am slowly teaching him to put the dishes in the dishwasher and to get off the couch to get the remote. We are definitely making progress.


Ryan spent the last year teaching the Dental Hygiene students at Salt Lake Community College and working at Mountain Ridge Dental in Orem. We found out in January that he was accepted to the University of Minnesota to specialize in Pediatric Dentistry. He was thrilled! The program is very competitive. My only concern is that I will freeze to death in the winter. The move was easy. My new job paid for a moving company and packers. They came and had all of our stuff in boxes in under three hours. The next day they loaded everything in a truck and headed east. We left on Saturday and arrived in Minneapolis on Monday just in time to watch the movers unload all our stuff. All I had to do was unpack. We are living in an apartment in downtown Minneapolis. Definitely different than anywhere I have ever lived before. We are only one block away from the Mississippi River. It is really pretty here. I love the weather in the summer. Everyday is sunny and in the 80's. My parents drove out here to help us get settled. My dad is the best!! He changed light bulbs, fixed towel rods, and put together furniture. My mom cleaned the oven, did laundry and cooked dinner. It was fun to have them stay with us. We went to a Twins baseball game and the Mall of America. They left this morning and headed for Nauvoo. Ryan starts school tomorrow morning. I am not sure when I will start my new job. I have to wait for my credentialing paperwork to go through. I hope it takes a long time!! I am enjoying unemployment.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Debra, What a treat! I loved reading your blog and seeing the pictures! Mom and Dad had such a great time with you and Ryan. I still can't believe you are really there. I am already looking forward to a girls long weekend there in the future! Baby in December. . . !!! you had my heart jumping!!! Good one! HA! Good luck to Ryan tomorrow. We are thinking of him. Keep us updated on the job. Keep up the blogging!! Miss you, Ang

Halee said...

Debra! It's about time you updated your blog!! Sounds like everything is going great! Can't wait to come visit you guys! Love your sister Laura

Marcae said...

Yay! I'm glad you made it there safe. I was so excited when I read the baby part and then disappointed when I saw it wasn't true :)
Miss you already!

Debra said...

I about had a heart attack at the baby comment! I'm glad you are blogging now. Cant wait to hear about your adventures in Minnesota! How about I come in August or Sept before I get to be too large? Love ya!

Tinker said...

Hello DEB ... thanks so much for your email. I hope you have a goal to keep as current thru the Internet as your sis, ANGELA, because we just love hearing all of her news! Sounds like a great adventure in Minnesota that you are embarking on. GOOD LUCK! Love, Aunt TENA

Liz said...

Hey Deb.
I found your blog through a friend of mine Gina. Congrats on making it to a year.
Liz Blake Memmott

Brynnly and Alan said...

I can't believe you are gone! That is crazy! I'm so excited for you guys to start your new adventure in life. 1 year already? Wow! Time really does fly by. So they get better about dishes and stuff? I'm still working on Alan but I don't think it's going to get better. Good thing he makes up for it in other areas. Put some pic's up of your new city. Can't wait to see! Don't you love mall of america? It's huge!

Fritzsche's said...

Deb I'm so glad that you made it safe and are somewhat settled in. I can't wait to hear more and about how your new job is going. We will miss you but through blogging we will never be too far apart. I believed you for a second that you were prego and couldn't believe that was how you were announcing it to us. Keep in touch and keep blogging.

Taylor's said...

Debra (and Ryan)-

Holy cow it is hard to even imagine you are gone! So stinkin' exciting though!

What a fun place to live! And what great running adventures you will have!

I must say you had me going with the whole baby in December!

Keep us update and send me your email and I will invite you to our blog . . .catherinemtaylor@gmail.com

Sure will miss seeing you guys at Ruth Ellen's and I am sure Jeff will miss Ryan since now he is the only male!