Sunday, July 6, 2008

Star Spangled Minnesota

Ryan stared school on July first. He is alreday very busy! He has an anatomy class from 6-9 at night, three days a week. He is gone most of the day. I am getting a little bored. I have been sleeping in, grocery shopping, and watching The View. I am glad that I will be working soon because I am going a little crazy. I do not want to be a stay at home wife! Needless to say, we were both ready for the long holiday weekend.

We survived our first holiday in Minnesota. I think it was a little bittersweet for both of us. We are excited to be in a new city, but we are used to spending the fourth of July with our families. I think it was harder for Ryan knowing that his brothers were in Provo and he was stuck in Minnesota. However, we made the best of it. The city had a celebration called Red, White, and BOOM. It was within walking distance of our apartment along the Mississippi River. They had music from several bands, fried food on a stick, and fireworks. Ryan had the biggest corndog I have ever seen! My favorite part was the people watching. There are some strange people in this city! I bet there was close to 40,000 people there. (double the entire population of Sevier county) We live in a huge city. We stayed to watch the fireworks and then walked home.

6 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

It's sounds like you had a really good time considering it was your first holiday away from your family and friends. I really wish you would have gotten a picture of that CORN DOG. Love ya!

Debra said...

Looks like fun! You guys will be just fine there...lots to do I'm sure.

Taylor's said...

So fun! Did you get a picture of the corn dog?

Trisha said...

Glad to hear you had a fun 4th of July! How great to have some fun things so close by.
I should have stopped by to celebrate with you since I didn't have any family to play with either. Ü T

Becca said...

I can't wait to come see all weirdo's myself!! I am definatley loving your blogging skillz thanks for posting :) Bec

Debra said...

Great picture of you 2!