Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Cozy Condo

I have finally unpacked the last box and put away the last dish. However, I am still hanging pictures on the walls. During my time off I have tried my best to make our house feel like a home. I am amazed at how fast we are adjusting. It feels like we have lived here longer than three weeks. I am going to take you on a virtual tour of our cozy condo. It shouldn't take too long, because it is only 1000 square feet. But it is the perfect size for us.

Let's start outside...This is the front of the building we live in. We live in the warehouse district of downtown Minneapolis. We are only a few blocks away from skyscrapers. The other picture is the bridge where we like to run over the Mississippi River. This picture is taken about a half mile from where we live.













This is the kitchen. I love our kitchen! It has double the cabinet space of our last apartment. And all brand new appliances. I have been spending more time in the kitchen lately. Since moving here we do not eat out as often as we did in Salt Lake. So I have been cooking dinners and making Ryan lunches to take to school.













This is our master bedroom. Every morning at five A.M. the sun rises and shines right into our bedroom window. While my parents were in town we bought some thick drapes. Since then we have been able to sleep in past five o'clock.










Here is the master bathroom. The only problem is the lack of towel rods. There is one small towel rod next to the shower. (Definitely not big enough for two towels.) So, I hung some decorative towels on it and put our towels on hooks behind the door. Ryan does not approve. He is very confused about the decorative towels and why he cannot use them. He also is confused why his towel is far away from the shower when we have a towel rack next to the shower. Let's just say we are going to have to make some changes in order to keep both of us happy.












This is the office/den. I wanted to make it into a spare bedroom so we could have some visitors. But we have decided that it is too small for a bed and a desk. However, my parents slept on a blow-up bed in this room and said it was very comfortable. Also, we live directly across the street from a Marriott hotel. So if any of you would like to come and visit, I am sure we can find adequate accommodations for you.












Here is the spare bathroom. Ryan has claimed it as his bathroom. I think men and women need separate bathrooms. He complains about my blow dryer and all the cords. And I have definitely taken over the master bath with all my "stuff."















This is the room where we spend most of our time, the living room. As you might notice from the pictures, our couch is in front of the fireplace. We had a very difficult time arranging the furniture. We have tried moving the couch in every possible position, and this is really the best way. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.












This is our balcony. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to have a barbecue, against fire code. We enjoy sitting outside to read or just enjoy the view. The other picture is our view from the balcony. We are facing the Mississippi River. If that building wasn't in the way then we would have a spectacular view of the river.











Well, that's it! It is small, but perfect for a newly married couple. Most of all we love the location. It is only 2 miles from the University of Minnesota. Ryan is able to come home if he has a break. My favorite part is the underground garage. When it is 100 below zero, I will definately be glad that I don't have to scrape ice off of my car.


Good News!
I start my job on Friday. Yipee! I am starting to get very bored. And it will be nice to have some income as well. Ryan is busy, busy, busy! He has been studying all weekend. He has a big test in his anatomy class on Tuesday. I am sure he will ace it!!!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Very nice! Can't wait for a tour of the rest of the apartment. Ü

Becca said...

That is seriously cute, I'm really impressed with your ability to decorate and make it home-y! I am just surprised not to see any christmas lights or dead plants. :) Nice Work! I sure miss you and hope you love your new job.

Fritzsche's said...

Thanks for the tour. I love it! Looks comfortable and like a fun place to live. You've done a great job. I'm excited for you to start your new job and can't wait to hear how it goes. Love ya and miss ya!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love your place! It is so cute! I can't believe you are living so far away still :(. Happy (late) One year!
Glad you are starting your new job on Friday. YAY! Good luck! :)

Taylor's said...

Cute and quaint! I love it! It makes me want to some and see it in person . . . just might have to!

And about decorative towels, I don't think men understand the concept . . .because we have the same issues in this house! AND yes, woman and men in their OWN bathrooms. Jeff walks down 2 flight of stairs for his.

Keep us posted about your job and how Ryan's classes are going!

Debra said...

Thanks for posting pictures...your place looks great! Can't wait to come visit ya'll.

kenz said...

Yeah!!! Deb your condo looks so cute!! I can't believe you are out there so far away! We miss you teribly! That is so fun that you get to have this experience with your hubby! We definetly need to come visit. Looks like a beautiful city! My new additions are great I can't wait for you to see them! Someday :) love ya kenz

kenz said...

I love your place! It looks so great. What a fun city, we definetly need to come visit. We miss you terribly and I can't wait to show you my new additions ! Someday . love ya kenz

Unknown said...

You have done a great job. It is beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person someday. Miss ya, Ang

Treo Sanders said...

Hi my love, I miss you... We were missing you at our sleep over last weekend and Jaylee is so sad she hasn't met auntie Deb. You guys look settled in and I love your place. I to love the kitchen. You have done well decorating and I like the red in the bathroom. Tell Ryan to deal w the decorative towel. I had to teach Nolan the same thing. Guys are funny. I do have a blog so go check it out but I'm a beginner so don't make fun of me.nolanandtreo.blogspot.com I'll call you soon. Hope your job is treating you well. Tell Ryan Hi for me since I am his favorite friend of yours.
Love you Treo