Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lumberjack Days

This week has gone by fast. It feels really good to be working again. It was a little adjustment to go from not working at all, to working five days a week. But, I think I will really enjoy my new job. The people I work with are wonderful and I am learning a lot!

If any of you know me very well, then you know that I am NOT a morning person. I usually struggle to get out of bed in the morning. And I have been know to sleep through my alarm and over use the snooze button. However, this past week I have gotten up early everyday to run before I go to work. And I love it!!! The mornings are so nice. It is cool and calm. the best part is that when I get home from work I have the whole evening to do whatever I want. I am not sure how long this will last, but I think I am converting into a morning person.

On Saturday, Ryan and I got up extra early and drove to Stillwater, Minnesota to run a 10 mile race. Stillwater is about 40 minutes east of us, on the border of Wisconsin. They had lots of activies going on for Lumberjack Days. It was a beautiful run along the St. Croix river. We both did very well, but Ryan is always faster than me. Sometimes I wish I would have married someone that was not so athletic, so I could beat him. Ryan is fast! He finished in one hour and nine minutes, and I finished in one hour and nineteen minutes. We are a little sore today. We are training for the Chicago marathon in October. We have a few more races coming up in the next couple months to help us get ready for Chicago.

6 comments:

Taylor's said...

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!

How fun! And what a beautiful run! I am so glad you guys enjoy running; and I am glad to hear you are converting to the morning person; I used to be morning but I think I like sleeping in until I hear one of the girls get up but it awful peaceful when I do venture out for those early morning runs.

Fritzsche's said...

Nice job on running every morning. I can't seem to do it. It's hard to do it at night everyday because something always comes up but I do try to go although it's been at least a week or two since I've done anything. Anyway I want to hear more about your job. I'm glad you like it.

Debra said...

Way to go...you guys amaze me! Can't wait to see you in Chicago.

Trisha said...

You guys are amazing! Way to go. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on at the finish line.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Wait, you use your snooze button? ;) I remember those days! That's funny you ran an extra mile for your famera. Glad you got pics. Good job on the race! That is great! Can't believe someone is faster than you! WOW! Good luck with the Chicago marathon. You are amazing! I miss you too! :( Let me know when you come in town. We can all get together. Love your face!

Becca said...

Wow, early? I don't believe it. Running in the a.m. is also one of my faves, something about the shadows and how much energy people have :) Miss you Tonz especially "running" into you at the hop-spital :) Good job on your run!