Saturday, July 19, 2008

A day at the Beach

This week I was enjoying my last few days of freedom before starting my job on Friday. I really wanted to go to the pool and catch some rays. I tried to find a public pool, but there are very few outdoor pools in Minneapolis. Obviously because the summer is only two months out of every year. So all the pools and water parks are indoors. However, Minnesota is the state of 10,000 lakes. So I drove fifteen minutes to Lake Calhoun to lay out on the beach. It was definitely not white sand and crystal blue water of the caribbean. It was more like small pebbles and murky freezing cold water. It was a very humid day in the 90's. I was sweating, but the water was still way too cold!! I should have brought a wet suit.


I started my job on Friday. It felt great to be back in a hospital and using my brain cells again. Most of the day was orientation and paperwork. I really think I will like my new job. It is going to be challenging. I will be working with sick, complex patients. But I am excited to learn and gain more experience.

4 comments:

Taylor's said...

Keep us updated on your job! I am sure you will have fun like you always do!

We miss you guys!

Fritzsche's said...

That is great that you are so close to lakes and things of such but that's too bad that the water wasn't warm enough. I'm glad you started you new job and can't wait to hear more about it. I know you will do awesome.

Debra said...

Same thing here in Chicago, no public pools! I have to stalk my friends who live in the high rises who have pools if I want to lay out anywhere besides Lake Michigan. Good luck on the new job!

Marcae said...

That's so great that you are liking your job. I'm sure it's nice to get into a routine. If the water is cold now, I can only imagine what the winters are going to be like...We miss you!