Monday, September 21, 2009

Speed Blogging

So much has happened since I last blogged. I feel overwhelmed and cannot possibly include all the details. Instead, I will give you the abridged version of the past month.

August 27-31: My mother and sister came to visit. Unfortunately the weather was not great, but we still had a great time. Of course we went to the Mall of America to shop until we dropped. We had a hot dog at the Twins baseball game. We even went to the Minnesota State Fair and did not catch the swine flu. The Minnesota state fair is well known for fried food on a stick- Corn dogs, cheese curds, spam, pickles, spaghetti, etc. You name it, and they can fry it and put it on a stick. I ate a fried Snickers bar on a stick. It was actually pretty tasty!

September 4-7: Labor Day weekend in Duluth, Minnesota. We had a fabulous mini-vacation. We stayed in a great hotel on Lake Superior. The weather couldn't have been better. We went running, rode bikes, golfing and hiking at Gooseberry falls. It was a busy sports weekend for Ryan. Ryan watched the U.S. Open and BYU football, while I laid out and read my book. We would definitely like to go back again soon, but not during the winter.

September 11-14: Flew home to Utah for my aunts funeral. It was not a good excuse for a trip home. My mom's youngest sister died suddenly of a pulmonary embolism. It was a very hard day, but it was nice to have the whole family together for support. She will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and children.

September 17-21: My wonderful mother-in-law came to visit. We had a very laid back weekend. We went to the Aveda institute for massages and facials. We went for several walks by the Mississippi River and Lake Calhoun. My favorite part was going to Mary Poppins at the Orpheum Theatre. It was spectacular! I hope she had as much fun as we did. Thanks for coming!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Never a dull moment in Minneapolis with you two.
Wish I could come and visit again, but you will probably be done before I could make it back. Ü

Lis Wing said...

It looks like you had a great time with your mom and sister! Sorry to hear about your aunt. It sounds like she was really young too. I'm glad you had a great Labor Day weekend. It's good to do those things as a couple for sure. The biking by the lake looked so relaxing. I hope you're ready for the Disney with ALL of us! That one will probably be less relaxing.

Brynnly and Alan said...

Busy busy few months you have had! So sorry to hear about your Aunt. Heart breaking!

j&rbastian said...

We wish you could have been there too! Looks like you have had a fun filled summer! I didn't know Becca was into running that is cool. Well just wanted to say hello!

Liz said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Sorry about your mom's sister.
Not fun
liz