Friday, August 21, 2009

My Favorite Cuz!

My favorite cousin BECCA came to see me a few weeks ago. We have been very best friends since we were babies. At times we have drifted apart, but we always have fun and laugh when we are together. She left her hubby and daughter at home and flew half way across the country for me. As expected, we had a blast! Our weekend started out running a half marathon together. Becca was in much better shape than me, I have not been running much this summer. The race starts in Minnesota and finishes in Wisconsin. The weather did not cooperate, it rained pretty much the whole time. Not to mention, it was cold and windy. (Welcome to Minnesota!) Despite an asthma attack and squishy shoes, we finished!! Ryan also ran and finished with a much faster time. After the torture was over, we all got full body massages. Luckily, the rest of the weekend was warm and sunny. We took her kayaking on Lake Calhoun and managed to catch some rayson the beach. We went to the Mall of America, Walker sculpture garden, and saw a couple movies. We stayed in a hotel so that we could stay up late and talk. I realized that we are getting too old for all nighters. Most nights we were asleep by midnight. We were able to cram a lot of fun into 4 days, but I was still sad to see her go.


Next weekend my mother and sister will be paying a visit. I have noticed that I only get visitors between the months of June and August. I can't say I blame them, I would not visit Minnesota in the winter either. Even the summer is unusually cool this year, our high yesterday was only 66 degrees. Yippee! The other thing I love about visitors, is that I get to take time off work. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I can't wait to come visit, but I am sure glad that I am not flying halfway across the country to run 13.1 miles. I wouldn't be coming if that was what was waiting for me. :) Mall of America & Minnesota State Fair (with all things fried) here I come!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I love how close you are with your cousin. Looks like such a blast! You drakened your hair? Look great! :) You always amaze me with your running and races. You are incredible!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I love how close you are with your cousin. Looks like such a blast! You drakened your hair? Look great! :) You always amaze me with your running and races. You are incredible!