Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Go Vikings!!

We live in Minnesota Vikings territory. The people out here are serious about their football team. I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan since Troy Aikman and Emmett Smith won the Superbowl in 1992. We got tickets to the Vikings playoff game before we knew who they would be playing. I was excited when I found out they would be playing the Cowboys. I really wanted to wear a pink Romo jersey to the game. Ryan warned me that I would get beat up by a crazed Vikings fan if I showed up in Cowboys apparel. The metrodome was filled with purple and gold. In hindsight, I am glad that wore purple. The Cowboys got crushed by the Vikings, 34-3. This city will shut down if the Vikings make it to the superbowl. The day after the game Ryan got interviewed by a local news station about the game. He was featured on the 10 o'clock news. Here's the link- http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/fans-excited-about-vikings-super-bowl-potential



5 comments:

Trisha said...

How fun!! I think purple was probably a wise choice. Ryan possibly saved your life! Ü

Angela said...

My kids have watched that Channel 9 news link a hundred times. They are sure that Ryan is now a huge celebrity! Jesi just giggles her head off when she hears Ryan say that his ears are "still ringing." I had to explain that phrase to her - I am not sure though that she understands it. :) How exciting for all you Vikings fans! I think Dallin's new favorite color is purple. Great Post! Miss you, so jealous you are going south to AZ. Hope you get some good sunshine!

Becca said...

heehee.
I don't know why but I laughed a little. That's awesome. I love you guys!

Marcae said...

Deb...Your hair is getting so long! I love it! You are one hot mama! Miss you :)

Lis Wing said...

These are great pics! And it was sure fun to see Ryan on TV! They definitely interviewed the right guy. It seems like he's always in the right place at the right time. You two looked so cute together in your purple. We miss you and hope you can make it out in May!