Thursday, March 4, 2010

It could be worse!

Oops, I forgot our passports. We had a fabulous vacation, but it started a one day late. We were planning to fly out early Saturday morning and arrive in Acapulco the same day. We got up at 4:45 a.m. to catch our flight. We took the train to the airport and arrived with plenty of time. We were checking in and that is the moment I realized that I forgot our passports! How could I be so stupid?? I am usually so organized and think of everything. Unfortunately we didn't have time to rush home to get them before our flight left. We were able to get booked on a later flight to Phoenix on Saturday and would fly to Acapulco the next day. The low point was when we had to take the train home and then walk from the train station in the freezing cold with our luggage. At least we were able to get to Phoenix and spent time with Ryan's family. His mom was also town visiting. We were able to get a last minute hotel near the airport. "It could be worse." (We said that a lot.) The next day our flight to Acapulco was delayed by two hours. "It could be worse." We finally made it to sunny Acapulco on Sunday evening. And it was definitely worth the wait. The resort was breathtaking! Lucky for Ryan we happened to be there the same week as the Mexican Open tennis tournament and it was in walking distance of our hotel. I spent two nights at the tennis tournament and Ryan went one night without me. We had perfect weather, sunny and high 80's everyday. We did lots of relaxing in the sun, reading, and long walks on the beach. Ryan had a blast riding waves on a boogie board. Our resort was 20 minutes away from downtown Acapulco. One day we took a city tour and saw all the tourist attractions, including the famous cliff divers. We took a cab into town for dinner and a movie one night. (We saw "Valentine's Day" and I loved it!) We were definitely not ready to leave paradise. At the airport on our way home we saw Sam Querry and John Isner (American tennis players). Now Ryan wants to go to Acapulco every year, but next time I won't forget our passports.

Sam Querry at the airport. (He is tall!)

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Ah!! How fabulous. I am sooo excited for Hawaii now, but don't want to be next to you in any swimsuit shots. Maybe one day I will look that good in a bikini. Ü

Angela said...

Debra, I have been waiting for this post! I am so glad you and Ryan had such a great time! I loved seeing all the green and the beautiful ocean!

Becca said...

Oh MAN, that looks relaxing and FUN! Dang, I can only imagine Ryans reaction to the forgotten passports...i'm afraid you will never live that one down!! But, hey at least you can fix a toilet! Miss you

Lis Wing said...

I'm sorry you were locked out of our blog. That's weird, other people have said the same thing and I don't know what's up.

Anyway, that's so me with the passport situation-Greg would tell you! I'm glad you got on your way in good time though. What a beautiful resort. And what a bonus to get to see some pro tennis. Thanks for the pictures! I love your brown suit. It's going to be awhile before I'll be squeezing back into my swimsuit! You go girl!

Debra said...

You're so hot Deb! P.S. can I have your life for a bit? I need a vacation!

Treo Sanders said...

You are one hot mamma and it looks like you had a blast. That is halarious that you forgot your passports. I can just hear Ryan complaining too. That's so not like you Deb. How could you. Ha ha..
I can't wait to see you in a few months. Girls trip. ah yeah.
Love you miss you.

Brynnly and Alan said...

SO jealous! I LOVE that place. Btw, lookin smokin in your swimsuit! You really do look amazing! Glad you had a great time despite the rough go at it. ;)

j&rbastian said...

Wow look at that resort it is beautiful! Josh would have love to go there. Sounds like it was amazing. Leaving the passports sounds like something we would do. When are you coming home again. I need to see your smiling face. It has been forever. Good to see you still go go go and do everything. You are wonder woman! Luvs!

Becca said...

I believe you have something to be blogging about...