Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The House



We have been living in our new house for about two months. We didn't own much furniture because we were previously living in a 1100 square foot apartment in Minneapolis. So we have purchased a lot of new furniture to fill up our new house. And we still have a long way to go. As you can see most of our walls are still bare. I am definitely struggling with the decorating. If you have any decorating tips, they would be greatly appreciated!
FAMILY ROOM: We love our new couch and entertainment center. The couch is so comfortable and it reclines. I am having a hard time deciding on a coffee table. I am not sure what shape would fit the best: round vs. square vs. rectangle?? I also have been looking for a large picture to go above the fireplace.
KITCHEN & DINING ROOM: I absolutely love my kitchen!! Eventually I want to get a bigger dining room table and bar stools.
BABY ROOM & BATHROOM: I have lots of work to do in the nursery. I want to get pictures to put up on the shelf and I need to hang up her curtains.

MASTER BEDROOM: We bought new bedroom furniture and bedding. I need to get something to put over the bed, curtains, and bedside lamps.

LIVING ROOM: We bought a new piano and couch. I have orderd two accent chairs in the fabric above, but I am still waiting for them to get delivered. I have been looking for a huge mirror to go above the couch. Any ideas??
GUEST BEDROOM: We have our old bedroom furniture in the guest room. We have already had quite a few visitors. We love having visitors! (hint, hint)

GARAGE: We also just bought a new car to go in the garage. I have been driving my father-in-law's green volvo wagon since we moved back from Minneapolis. Finally we have our own car. It is an Acura MDX and it is really fun to drive.

I had to post a few more picture of peaches. She keeps getting cuter everyday!

6 comments:

Lis Wing said...

I love the pictures of Allison on the couch and on the counter in her Bumbo. What a smile!

Angela said...

Debra, Beautiful furniture and Beautiful car! I love it all! Best of all is Allison's toothless smile! It makes me happy every time. Love and miss you!

Trisha said...

I am jealous of the house, the car and the baby!!

The Vakautakakala's said...

Hi Debra, I just saw your blog on Natalie's and thought I'd check it out. (and plus your mom talks about you all the time to my mom when she comes over for visiting teaching)Your house looks beautiful and fun, I saw your suggestion for a mirror in the piano room and was wondering if you've checked at IKEA. We got a mirror there a few years ago and it's probably about 6 ft by 3 ft, it's got a really thick frame and it costs around $100. I posted a picture of it on our blog a few posts back if you want to see what it looks like. Anyways congratulations on the new baby and I'm glad everything is going well for you guys!!

Taylor's said...

Oh my goodness - your house and furniture are amazing!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love your new house, Deb! Isn't decorating the worst?! It seriously took me like 2 year to decorate my house how I wanted it. The best advice is to leave it empty until you find what you love. I would buy things just to fill the space and then hate them. Also, I have one of those pictures of the temple over my fire place mantel that everyone else has from Costco. Haha! I love it though and it fits just perfectly. I have gotten 2 of my mirrors at Tai Pan and love them both and if you want to spend more money on a mirror we got a massive one to go over our stair case. Worth every penny. Rod works is the best place for decorations. Most my house comes from there. :D I need to come see your house! It looks amazing! And your car?! YAY! Love it!