Saturday, August 23, 2008

MALL OF AMERICA!!!

This weekend I took Ryan to the MALL OF AMERICA!!! It was a brand new experience for him. It can be a little overwhelming, if you don't know what to expect. I was definitely more excited than he was to go shopping. We have learned that it is not a good idea for us to go shopping together. Ryan doesn't really understand why I have to try on everything in the store......twice, before I can make a decision. So to avoid a meltdown, he went to a movie, while I went shopping. There is no possible way you could go in every store. There are over 500 stores, including two American Eagle stores! The first one I went to didn't have a shirt in my size, so I walked to the other store and bought it. My only regret it that we didn't get to go on the big rollercoaster. Maybe next time? (If there ever is a next time.)

This weekend was a busy one! We ran the Woodbury Half Marathon. It was a beautiful course. It was a cool morning, only 60 degrees when we started the race. Perfect running weather! We ran around three different lakes and through some neighborhoods. Most of the course was shaded. One of the residents that Ryan works with lives in Woodbury with his family. They were our fan club. They rode their bikes along the course and cheered us on when we ran by. After the race they invited us over to their house for waffles!! We both did well and of course Ryan beat me again. His time was 1:34 and mine was 1:45. Both of us ran faster than our times two weeks ago. We have two more races before the Marathon in October.

9 comments:

Taylor's said...

So stinkin' fun!

And yes, most men will never understand the idea of "shopping." I totally want to see the inside of the Mall.

The race times are awesome!

Todd and Anna said...

It was fun to see you guys run today, you are both great runners and have great finish times!
Glad you enjoyed the waffles too!

Trisha said...

Give me a call next time you are heading to the Mall of America. I'll meet you over there. : )

As for your running.....you guys are amazing! I don't know how you do. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Debra said...

Way to go Deb and Ryan...you are well on your way to winning the marathon here in Chicago. I'm sorry I wont be able to ride my bike along the course for you guys like your other friends. They dont let huge prego ladies on bikes.

Brynnly and Alan said...

I LOVE that mall! It is amazing and yes, overwhelming. There is a store there called PB Loco that I love! If you haven't yet, check it out. Good job on your times. Amazing!

Becca said...

Your cool. Me and Trish both...want to be like you when we grow up! awwwe, I like how you guys have friends too, to make you waffles. Makes me kinda want to move away and have friends from somewhere else to make me yummy breakfast to! (i'll do anything for food) Miss you D :)

Fritzsche's said...

You guys are amazing runnin fools. I love it. I wish I was more into it. Anyway you look great. I can't imagine shopping at that mall. It would take a week. Love ya.

Marcae said...

When I come to visit I will beyor shopping buddy! Way to go on the half!! You guys rock!!

Treo Sanders said...

Deb, you amaze me. If only I could run like you:) I miss you like crazy and wish so bad I could have gone shopping w you. You know we would have had a blast. I think the girls need to plan a trip out there and that can be one of the things we do is go to that amazing mall. I'll start saving my pennies.
Love your stinkin guts.
treo