Sunday, August 31, 2008

Minnesota State Fair


This week we went to the MINNESOTA STATE FAIR. It is one of the largest state fairs in the country, second only to Texas. It was pretty impressive!! My favorite part was people watching. I have never seen so many interesting people in my life. I don't know where they all came from. Over 100,000 people visit the fair every day. It is huge! We took the skyride from one end to the other. There is an amusement park with rides, car show, tractors, sheep, cows, pigs, and a live birthing center where you can watch animals being born. But the best part of the fair is the FOOD!!! They have everything that is greasy, fried, and on a stick. We wanted to try everything. We started with a Pronto-pup (it is like a corn dog, except it is made with wheat instead of corn). Then we tried the fried cheese curds. They were actually pretty good!! I could feel my arteries clogging up as I was eating. Then we ate 20 cookies each. They serve everything in bulk. You could buy cookies by the bucket, easily over 100s cookies per bucket. We had a carmel apple, fresh-squeezed lemonade, and corn on the cob dripping with butter. And a diet coke to wash it all down! Needless to say, neither of us felt hungry for the rest of the week. It was an experience I won't forget. I am already planning what I am going to eat next year!


9 comments:

Trisha said...

How fantastic! There is a commercial on right now for the Utah State Fair that is advertising a guy that makes a round PBJ, puts it on a stick, dips it in batter and frys it. I want to try that!

Todd and Anna said...

Wow, that looks like some good food! We didn't make it to the fair this year, we will have to make it next year for sure.

Taylor's said...

So fun! You guys are so cute; I love all the pictures and are jealous of everything you guys are doing!

Debra said...

Deb, I'm impressed with you keeping up on the blog. Thanks for the delicious and tasty post...count me in next year!

j&rbastian said...

How much freaking fun are you two having all the time. It looks like you are enjoying it out there. I should have pictures of the engagement on my blog tonight. I can't wait to see you at the big event.

j&rbastian said...

Oh hey I tried to leave a comment a while ago and it wouldn't let me I am glad I can now. I do keep tabs on you girl.
Reagan

Becca said...

Now your talking! I want to come next year and maybe i'll bring your mom, she's the only other one that loves food just as much as me! I love all the fatties in the background of all your pics, great!

kenz said...

Anything deep fried is always good! That sounds fun, we might need to make a trip out ther next year just for the experience! I am glad your doing well! we miss you!

Treo Sanders said...

Oh I wish I could have been there for that one. It reminds me of when we were on the cruise and you ate all those onion rings and shakes and whatever else you could get your hands on then puked it all up. Looks tasty. You guys look like youre enjoying all of whats going on there.
We're blessing Jaylee sunday if you wanna make a quick trip down and dinner will be on us :) He He
Love you girl. Tell Ryan Hi.
Treo