Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day Get-A-Way!!

Ryan and I took a little vacation for Labor Day weekend. After work on Friday we drove about two hours north to Gull Lake. It is in an area called Brainerd Lakes. There are hundreds of lakes in the area. (Minnesota is the state of 10,000 lakes!) We stayed at a resort on the lake. I wasn't really sure what to expect. Of course, neither of us had ever been north of Minneapolis before. We just picked the resort from pictures on the internet. The resort was huge!! It was probably built in the 1960's. The decor was definitely outdated. I have added a picture of the floor in the bathroom so you can get an idea. But our room was really nice. We had a great view of the lake from our balcony. They had cabins and hotel rooms. They had a huge indoor sportscourt with an indoor track and a gym. The best part was the weather. It was warm, sunny, and windy. (thanks to Hurricane Gustav) We laid out by the pool and by the lake. Ryan went golfing two days in a row. But mostly we just RELAXED!!! It was a well needed break.

9 comments:

Debra said...

I'm glad you guys made it out of the city. Looks like a cool place, minus the bathroom floor. I wish we could have made it your way, but I'm excited to at least see you in a month! Since I'm not working, feel free to use me as your driver if needed!

Taylor's said...

oh my, outdated is right! Everything else looks gorgeous! I am jealous of your weekend weather; ours rained all weekend with high winds.

Glad you guys had fun on our "mini" vacation!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love those get aways! Looks like you had a great time! P.s. Love that tile! ;)

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love those get aways! Looks like you had a great time! P.s. Love that tile! ;)

Marcae said...

Wow...love the decor!! I'm glad you guys had a fun little get away!I bet it's fun to try new places!

Fritzsche's said...

I need a get a way like that for sure. It would be so nice to have an opportunity like the two of you have right now to explore new things together and get to know new places and people. I think it's great. I miss you too. Are you going to come visit for Christmas?

Todd and Anna said...

Nice trip, and sweet tile!
Looks like a good trip, you are too nice to let Ryan golf twice- he is going to get spoiled.

(PS- I know Brynnly that commented on your blog, small world I guess. I dated her sister in high school, 14 years ago!)

Unknown said...

Glad you could get away from the daily routine. Look's like you are reading Breaking Dawn. How is it? I don't know if I will read it but Tom will need someone to discuss it with. You are doing awesome at keeping your blog up to date!

Treo Sanders said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm so jealous you are doing all these fun adventurous things. My life is pretty boring here in St. George. I guess that's what happens when you have a little one. Your hair is getting sooooo long too. I love it. You both look so happy and I can't wait to see you. Is Ryan going to be able to come for the wedding?