Sunday, December 7, 2008

THE WAVE

I have really been debating on whether or not to join a gym. During the summer and fall, Ryan and I were training for the Chicago marathon and I was running at least 4-5 days per week. Now the weather is cold and everything is frozen. I haven't been running since the temperature dipped below 40 degrees. I am a whimp when it comes to cold weather!! I took the month of October off and claimed I was recovering from the marathon. In November, I started to feel lazy so I checked out a few gyms in the area. There is one that is really close, but it is small and expensive. There is also a huge Lifetime Fitness downtown, but it is further away and there is no parking. Ryan mostly works out at school during lunch so I'm on my own. I started looking for alternative means of exercise. I was bored watching TV on a Saturday morning (when I should have been working-out!). I was flipping through channels and stumbled upon an infomercial for The Wave. I am not usually a sucker for TV specials, but this one caught my eye. After 30 minutes of instructions and inspiring life changing stories, I was sold! Plus they threw in an extra bonus and free express shipping if I was one of the first 500 callers!!! After I made the phone call to purchase The Wave, I had a few second thoughts. But it was worth a shot because I didn't have to leave my house to exercise and it was cheaper than joining a gym. It came with two work-out videos and a ten minute abs work-out. It is awesome! It took a couple of times to get the hang of it, but I was definitely sore the next day. The instructors move really fast. There is a sculpting video and one that is more cardio. Since this purchase, I have also bought hand weights and a couple of other home work-out videos. I love it! I am glad that I didn't join a gym. The wave is a good work-out and it is kind of fun too! Ryan made fun of me at first but I think he secretly wants to use it. I am not a spokesperson for The Wave, but I would definitely recommend it to a friend! http://www.thefirmwave.com/

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh shoot! I would love to be the same size as you Deb. I was holding out for you to start gaining weight. I guess since that doesn't look like it is going to happen, I better put down the fork and get off the couch. : )

Taylor's said...

It looks like so much fun! I want to try it out!

Unknown said...

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity about the wave. I have really missed Trish'a stepper and have got to find something else besides the treadmill. Can't wait to see you and Ryan. Love, Ang

Treo Sanders said...

Deb, I love it.. Funny thing, i watched the same commercial, wrote the number down and was going to order it. SHOULD I??? You look amazing already. I miss you too. I posted more pics of Jaylee for you. Call me when your phone is up and working. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU.

kenz said...

Your hilarious, it sounds like me, I always get suckered into those things. But the difference between you and me is you are using yours, all my purchases are down in the basement collecting dust. The Wave is one I haven't seen but it looks interesting. I have P90X and I want to start that, but haven't been motivated yet. Gotta love HSN good luck and keep it up! Stay warm! happy holidays!

Brynnly and Alan said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you found something you love! Looks like fun. One of these days your going to come home and find Ryan using it. Haha! Another great workout video is PowerX90. Really amazing. Just throwing it out there if you ever need a change. Glad life is good! Missing you! Loves!

Natalie said...

Hey Deb
will you email me your address...we like to send you a Christmas card. Thanks!
ncnataliecall@gmail.com

Debra said...

Looking hot lady! I just might have to purchase to loose the rest of this baby weight! Thanks for the endorsement.