Monday, December 1, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

It is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. After Thanksgiving has come and gone, it is time to put up the Christmas decorations. Now we can start listening to Christmas music. (I disagree with those who have the Christmas spirit before thanksgiving.) We have a Christmas tree, stockings on the mantle, and a wreath on the door. It is not much, but it brings the excitement of Christmas to our little apartment. We are counting down the days until we will be home for Christmas.


Sunday night we went to the Vikings vs. Bears football game. It was WILD! I have never seen so many fans dressed in purple. These are not your average everyday fan, these fans live and breathe the Vikings!! They are serious about their football. They started tailgating at noon and were intoxicated by game time. But the Vikings won and nobody got shot.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Deb...I am so impressed! My non-decorating friend is all decked out for the holidays! So, I'm guessing you totally disagree with my holiday spirit that gets kicked in the day after Halloween (at least the music) and decorating happens the 15th of November. I guess it is just so much work that I feel like I have to enjoy it for at least a month before we leave for Utah...good excuse anyway :)
we are leaving the 18th and I'll be home until the 5th...we surely need to get together. Hope you have a happy holiday season!

Becca said...

Ha Ha you're funny. I'm proud of you for even decorating. Just so you know I've been listening to c-mas music since halloween, made my santa list in September and had my tree up in early November. I was worried about who would decorate for you this season, so I'm proud to see you've already done it. I swear i rubbed off a little, or ryan did. miss you.

Fritzsche's said...

I can't wait to put up my stuff too. Right now my house is just a mess so that would only add to the problem. I've got to do some major clean up before it's Christmas time at my house. I like your tree!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I agree with you on the music. How can you possibly listen to it before Thanksgiving? That's crazy talk to me. :) Your tree is beautiful and I'm so jealous! I've been working on Alan to get ours up since last Friday. Hopefully this weekend.:) P.s. You look amazing! Loving the hair!

Trisha said...

I love to decor! Your tree is beautiful.
I can say (but am not proud of it)that I don't have one Christmas decoration up. Maybe this weekend??? But in all honesty, the closer Christmas gets I start to wonder if there is a point in putting it up just to take it all down. Call me lazy, but it just sounds like a lot of work. I think it would be different if it wasn't just me at my house.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!

Wing Team said...

Hi Deb, cute tree and wreath! I love the blog background you chose too. We are getting excited to see you guys at Christmas time. You know...Greg and I are gifting for you. Also, I want to send you a blog invite (but I don't have your email address)Could you send it to Greg's account? Thanks and see you soon!

j&rbastian said...

Way to go on the decorations! Looks like you are having a blast as always. It was so fun to see you at Jalene's wedding maybe during the Christmas break we could all get together and go to dinner!